Solid Solutions are seeking a young person who is looking for a challenging IT career and has chosen an apprenticeship route to acquire skills as opposed to A levels or a university degree course. Based at our headquarters in Leamington Spa, the role encompasses support for both internal IT systems and for our customers including …
Solid Solutions IT System Support
- Maintaining Solid Solutions hardware and installing / updating software – servers, workstations, laptops, networks, printers and other peripherals
- Troubleshooting IT issues on a daily basis
- Maintaining external connections to our VOIP phone system and the internet to maximise reliability and up-time
- Ensuring back-ups and disaster recovery systems are maintained, complete and reliable
- Liaising with hardware suppliers on warranty issues
- Diagnosing customer IT problems by phone, email and our chat room, including hardware, OS, application software etc.
- Analysing installation logs and determining solutions for unstable systems and installation / service pack failures
- Creating and updating support tickets for faults and issues with accurate details
In this role, you will study IT at a local college part-time.
Your Experience / Skills
We are looking for young people who have chosen an apprenticeship in IT or Computer Studies and have (or are predicted) to achieve a minimum of 5 good GCSE's or equivalent in Maths, English, at least one Science subject. A level students or equivalent may also apply if they so choose. It is preferable, but not mandatory, to have studied IT or Computing or a similar course. However, you must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in computers both at school and in your spare time.
Additionally, you must have great communication and presentation skills as you will be required to work effectively with our own staff and our customers. As with all our staff, we demand exceptional team working abilities, a proactive positive attitude and a professional work ethic.
In addition to the college training, you will have exposure to a wide range of IT related activities such as programming, web-design and project management. These will provide ample opportunity for career development in whichever direction is of interest.
Solid Solutions is a great place to work. Despite having over 100 employees nationwide we retain the energy and enthusiasm usually associated with younger, smaller companies. Ideas are encouraged, voices are heard and efforts are directly translated into business successes. The sense of community also extends outside work hours with some great social events.
Discover more about Solid Solutions