As a Solid Solutions Group Applications Engineer you have a great
opportunity to use your Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics knowledge to
help develop and support Electrical product usage within the Solid Solutions
Group customer base of 12,000 companies. This could be delivering a pre-sales
demonstration, conducting on-site consultancy, in the classroom delivering a
training course or working on the support desk resolving specific issues.
As part of the World’s Most Qualified SOLIDWORKS Technical Team, you are
encouraged to develop your Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics capabilities,
with the chance to become the ‘best of the best’ as a SOLIDWORKS Elite
Applications Engineer and Gold Partner CAM Certified Expert. This is a
significant challenge in its own right. The learning curve is steep but
Understanding how SOLIDWORKS and the best Electrical/ Electronics systems are
used in many different industries to develop and make many different products
means you’re never short of new experiences and the opportunity to travel.
As a Solid Solutions Group Applications Engineer you have a great opportunity to use your engineering and problem solving skills to support the Solid Solutions customer base of 15,000 companies. This could be delivering a training course in the classroom or virtually, working on the support desk solving customer problems, delivering a pre-sales demonstration or supporting consultancy projects. Softwares supported include SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD; CAM and associated manufacturing tools; structural, kinematic and fluid simulation; data management; electrical design; PCB design; technical publications and rendering – so there is plenty of scope to acquire new skills.
As part of the world’s most qualified SOLIDWORKS technical team, you will be encouraged to develop your engineering capabilities, with the chance to become the ‘best of the best’ - a SOLIDWORKS Elite Applications Engineer. This is a significant challenge in its own right requiring breadth and depth of knowledge. The learning curve is steep but definitely worthwhile.
Understanding how SOLIDWORKS and associated software tools are used in many different industries to develop a myriad of products means you will never be short of new challenges and the opportunity to hone your skills.
Solid Solutions Applications Engineers go the extra mile to:
- Provide proactive advice and exceptional customer service to our customers in a wide range of industries
- Understand the needs of customers and, working with our extensive Technical Support team, develop solutions to design and engineering problems
Typical Activities Include:
- Troubleshooting and solving customers’ problems on the Technical Support Desk
- Delivering classroom and virtual Certified SOLIDWORKS Training Courses
- Travel to customer sites to engage in problem solving and hands-on help
- Undertaking consultancy work to provide customers with solutions to design, simulation and other engineering challenges
- Creating on-line content such as Blogs, Videos, Technical Documents and Webcasts