Tuesday January 1, 2019 at 12:00pm
Sometimes after performing an upgrade of SOLIDWORKS from one year to another, diameter symbols no longer display and give a <MOD-DIAM> message instead. Learn how to fix this issue by following the guide below.
SOLIDWORKS: How to Fix Mod-Diam Display Error
View an interactive step by step guide below by pressing the play button below.
For the best experience view the guide full screen click here.
If you prefer the solution is outlined in text below.
1. In SOLIDWORKS access Tools > Options > System Options
2. Then File Locations and in the drop down menu select Symbol Library File.
3. Select the current directory and then delete.
4. Then select add and navigate to the location..
Typically C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS 20XX\lang\english
5. Then select OK and accept any Windows Firewall Messages.
6. Now try SOLIDWORKS and a dimension this should display the Diameter Symbol.