Date Posted: Monday 9 January 2017
Plunkett Associates are specialists in getting things made and are currently looking for a Research Engineer; an exciting role that offers variety and diversity through challenging, ever changing, multi-project management.
Plunkett Associates work with global suppliers to supply prototypes (3D printing/additive manufacture) through to CNC machining, tooling and injection moulding.
The role will involve:
• Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills to look into specialist processes, materials and their applications.
• Running an internal R & D programme (to include 3D Printing of mould inserts).
• Analysing and interpreting data.
• Writing supporting documents, technical papers and presentations.
• Working alongside an in house engineering team to interpret client requirements and propose engineering solutions.
• Liasing with clients to manage projects using engineering principles and techniques.
We are offering a 9-12 month contract with a view to extension, subject to performance and project requirements. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to work within a small experienced team to develop specialist applications and solutions.
Your Experience / Skills
The candidate should have HND/HNC or a degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical preferred) and salary will be commensurate with the capabilities and qualifications of applicant. Experience with 3D software for visualisation and manipulation of design data would be beneficial but not essential.
• The ability to adapt, think beyond the boundaries and challenge the status-quo.
• The ability to write reports, presentations and documents in a clear, concise professional format.
• Be highly analytical, meticulous and detail-oriented showing attention to detail.
• Be adept at assimilating new information.
• The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, production personnel and executives, both internal and external.
• Able to build rapport with customers for good working relationships and be confident to communicate as easily on the telephone as by email.
• Be able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work; to be proactive, work independently when required and happy to take responsibility.
• Show enthusiasm and commitment to a project and conduct oneself in a positive and professional manner.
• Be happy to assist colleagues and work within the Company to support additional projects, showing a willingness to put the good of the team before personal goals.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter to:
Plunkett Associates, Kestrel Court, Waterwells Business Park, Waterwells Drive, Gloucester. GL2 2AT