Date Posted: Thursday 30 January 2020
AMG Systems is an established manufacturer and provider of transmission solutions to the global security, transportation, oil & gas and defence sectors.
A vacancy has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the rapidly growing Engineering Team on a permanent basis.
To be involved with all aspects of product life cycle, including concept design, electronic and mechanical realisation design, production introduction, documentation, and support, sales support - as described below:
As part of a design team,
• Mechanical product design
• Control of mechanical prototype production
• Creation and control of all mechanical elements of the Manufacturing Information Pack
• Interface with Electronic design and PCB design engineers (using Altium) controlling the mechanical layout of parts effecting assembly
• Production of assembly drawings and instructions
• Interaction with electronic design engineers to ensure correct fit of PCB’s and electrical components within the mechanical design and involvement with component selection.
• Evaluation of components, materials, and suppliers
• Contribution to Test Procedures where necessary
• Supply of Support Documentation for Sales
Your Experience / Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience with product development.
• Experience with 3D mechanical design using SOLIDWORKS platform.
• Experience in creation of 2D manufacturing drawings.
• Experience with taking products from design to manufacture.
• Electronics design experience would be desirable.