AR-Controls are an industrial controls and automation system integrator. We operate at various customer sites around the UK. Due to continuous growth and ever-increasing demand, we have a full-time vacancy for a Mechanical Design Engineer with SOLIDWORKS experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the CAD design of equipment, special purpose machines, robot facilities, material handling solutions, welding jigs & fixtures, conveyor systems and the creation/update of the associated BOM. The candidate will be able to interpret customer design specifications, produce well organised detailed drawings and modelling. Occasionally there may be other engineering activities to perform, however the emphasis of the role will be to create mechanical designs using the SOLIDWORKS design software.
To qualify for the role, candidates must have:
- Mechanical design engineering background (or other relevant experience)
- Previous experience working with automotive sector (would be a distinct advantage but not essential)
- Experience in the Design of Bespoke assembly machinery would be preferred.
- Experience in the Design of Robotics and Jig Tooling would be an advantage.
- Have experience of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems.