Due to ongoing growth, Haztec international have an opportunity for an additional mechanical design engineer. This is a full time, permanent, salaried position based in Yeadon Leeds.
Normal hours are 8:30 – 17:00 Mon – Fri.
Working as part of a growing engineering team, you will be responsible for the mechanical design aspects of new product development as well as giving taking ownership of design enhancements and changes on existing product products. You will be designing products using a range of materials and manufactured using various techniques including extruding, injection moulding, casting and 3D printing.
This role could suit a recent graduate or an experienced mechanical design engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mechanical product design and enhancements.
- Create design concepts then develop the chosen concept into a finished product.
- Works closely with electronics design team to develop and launch new products.
- Works closely with quality engineer to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Continuous improvement mentality working to improve production efficiency and reduce defects.
The successful candidate is likely to be a graduate in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, or similar.
- Confident and experienced user of SOLIDWORKS design package is essential.
- Good knowledge of modern materials and manufacturing processes.
- Experience of designing for injection moulding is highly beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of designing extrusions beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of 3D printing beneficial but not essential.
To apply for this position Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your latest CV.
Mechanical design engineer experience not essential but desirable.