Role: Senior CAD Engineer
Date Posted: Friday 26 March 2021
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives, in the most extreme conditions, to save those who are in danger of drowning. They depend on the lifeboats and equipment we provide 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our lifeboats are amongst the best in the world but we’re constantly looking at ways in which we can improve their performance, safety and reliability. We’re recruiting for a Senior Engineer (CAD) to join the engineering team and provide technical knowledge and CAD expertise for new and existing assets and associated equipment, to support our crews and coastal operations.
Some of the benefits
- £35,993 - £42,345 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
- As a Senior Engineer (CAD), you will be tasked to carry out specialist expert level CAD work within one or more of the Engineering and Supply department delivery and project cells. You will be working closely with Engineering and Supply engineers (Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical, Naval Architects and Launch and Recovery) in order to understand the requirements of the initial designs and concepts and turn them into accurate 3D and 2D CAD digital assets e.g. models, assemblies, drawings and bills of material.
- You will ensure the design of RNLI plant, equipment and procedures are developed in accordance with Engineering and Supply processes and standards. Whilst handling a demanding workload, you will be leading the way in best practice by being a subject matter expert and developing the RNLI standards within the delivery cell and project teams.
- You will be proactive and structured in driving digital transformation in Engineering and Supply to ensure the organisation is ready to deliver and accept digital change in line with Asset Information Strategy. You will be using your industry experience and initiative to continually identify opportunities and implement recommendations in how digital assets can be utilised both locally within Engineering and Supply and RNLI wide to address the needs of the organisation.
Your Experience / Skills
You’ll be self-motivated, eager to use and share your skills and experience and enjoy spending a high percentage of the working week utilising your specialised CAD skills. You will be operating within a high-profile department and liaising right across our organisation, as well as with external organisations and suppliers with excellent communication skills. You will be effective in a team environment, able to take the lead when required and confident supervising staff, as well as confident leading a project with a proactive can-do attitude. Logical and structured in your approach to tasks whilst handling a demanding workload with changing priorities.
- Engineering qualification equivalent to the England, Wales & Northern Ireland qualification level 6 as defined by UK government, or at level 5 with proven additional experience.
- Able to demonstrate working towards and an expectation to achieve Engineering Council registration at Incorporated Engineer level or Registered CAD Professional (RCP).
- Significant and proficient commercial use of using SOLIDWORKS 3D & 2D CAD computer-literate and a confident user of Microsoft Office applications as well as experience with ERP systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Experience working in a marine engineering environment with an understanding of ISO 9001 and BS8888.
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP).
- Supervisory experience (the role may require line management responsibilities).
- Project Management experience.
So, if you are excited about this opportunity to help shape the organisation as it continues on its digital journey and are looking to make a real difference using the right technical knowledge and experience in CAD and digital transformation, and would like to see how the Senior Engineer (CAD) role supports our organisation’s aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you. Please apply.
Engineering qualification equivalent to the England, Wales & Northern Ireland qualification level 6 as defined by UK government, or at level 5 with proven additional experience.
£35,993 - £42,345 (dependent on experience)
Marine & Subsea
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below:
RNLI Recruitment Team