Date Posted: Tuesday 6 November 2018
Micon Distribution Ltd is a distributor of fireplaces, stoves, fires & related products throughout UK & Ireland. It is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join the company.
Design Engineer overseeing Research, Development and implementation of New Product Development (NPD) & maintaining current product development
Your Experience / Skills
A relevant* 2:1 University Degree or equivalent;
A relevant* 2:2 University Degree or equivalent;
At least 3 years’ experience in an engineering, manufacturing or design sector;
using 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS) and simulation software;
• A relevant* 1st class University Degree or equivalent;
• 5 years’ professional experience in an engineering, manufacturing or design sector;
• Experience of designing, conducting and statistically analysing test results.
• Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional Credidation: experience with extensive 3d modelling, working drawings & FlowSimulation/HVAC skills.
• Understanding of relevant EU & BS Regulations, and a mind-set capable of interpreting & implementing these.
• Academic understanding of combustion cycles & thermodynamics.
(*relevant defined as: Mechanical Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering; Manufacturing; Product Design, Systems Engineering; Mechatronics or any other engineering related discipline.)
Creativity & logical thinking
Leadership & Team working
? 3D Parametric Models(SOLIDWORKS), associated Engineering Drawings & BoMs
? Creating Manufacturing Drawings & Instructional Templates
? Computational Fluid Dynamics Studies of stove bodies – SOLIDWORKS FlowSimulation
? Understanding & implementing EU/British Standards Regulations & guidelines.
? Prototype Design & Assembly
? Emissions & Efficiency Testing of produced prototypes
? Updating & maintaining Product Construction Files
? Product Testing Applications
? Implementing & overseeing in house Quality Control procedures
? Overseeing batch Conformity of Goods Received
? Generating Technical Reports
? Producing Marketing Materials for goods produced – PhotoView 360/Visualize & Photoshop Rendered Images
? SOLIDWORKS (3D CAD)
? MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint