Oilgear UK is part of the international Oilgear group producing High Pressure Hydraulic equipment and systems in the UK with facilities located strategically around the globe. Oilgear have been producing electronic control systems for over 40 years within a business that was created in 1921, we are celebrating 100 years in business.
Due to our continued growth Oilgear Leeds is currently recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our expanding team, supporting the company as the business moves into new market areas, whilst also supporting the existing customer base. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about engineering. If you have drive, enthusiasm and motivation with a thirst for knowledge and the ambition to be a part of a forward-thinking company this is the job for you. Ideally suited to someone who has experience in mechanical engineering and wants to further develop their skills and learning within our industry.
The salary available for this role will depend entirely on the individuals experience and skills.
The hours are 37 per week, Monday - Friday, with a flexible Friday afternoon scheme.
About the Role
Main duties will include:
- Design & development of products, manifolds and unit assembly both existing & new, through to launch and through life
- Provide technical design support to engineering team, sales team and our customers
- Preparing reports to demonstrate technical progress on projects
- BOM creation
- Research & development to create design prototypes
- Resolve product development issues through creative testing and re-engineering
- Perform necessary technical calculations and testing to ensure functionality