Date Posted: Friday 10 August 2018
For over 25 years SIS has been a leader in delivering world class seating solutions, from concept through to on site product installation.
All our seating systems are custom designed, manufactured to rigorous international standards and installed with attention to detail. Our commitment and mission is to provide optimal project solutions along with the best and most attentive service in the industry.
We work with a wide range of clients from small community theatres, schools, colleges, universities, sporting venues to large convention centres and arenas.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cad Design Engineer to join our team to streamline and enhance our existing products and continue with the development of new projects.
This will be a challenging and varied role, working on a wide range of mass produced products for the global contract seating market with great career progression opportunities.
Principles and Responsibilities:
• Implementation of DriveWorks using existing and new SOLIDWORKS files.
• Systemize / standardize the retractable tiering product range / system to; simplify layouts, design and operational activities.
• Generate project specific structures and BOMS through DriveWorks to output the required information / data necessary for purchasing and operations.
• 3D Model parts and assemblies and create 2D drawings ‘for manufacture’ of platform structures (Retractable and Fixed).
• Value engineer and incorporate aesthetic improvements to the retractable system whilst ensuring parts and structures meet the required standards for safety / loading forces.
• Survey the more complex sites and liaise with client’s architects and senior site team to agree changes needed to the standard CAD models for individual site circumstances. Adapt the standard CAD models and drawings to suit.
• Process design changes, updating drawings and managing drawing revision and registration.
• Working with R&D, Quality, Operations departments and suppliers, establishing manufacturing controls, testing procedures and quality documentation.
• Generation of part and product specifications, product manuals and assembly instructions.
• Lecture & Auditorium theatre seat improvements.
• New product design & engineering.
Your Experience / Skills
• Software: DriveWorks, SOLIDWORKS, Microsoft Office, Excel.
• Excellent DriveWorks and SOLIDWORKS 3D modelling & 2D drawing skills (for manufacture including GD & T as BS 8888:2013)
• Proven track record of working within manufacturing industries.
• Good experience of a range of materials, manufacturing processes and construction methods, including steel fabrication,
• Strong problem-solving ability.
• Strong documentation ability and a good eye for detail.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Flexible and professional.
• Can perform and communicate equally well within a team or autonomously.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Valid Driving Licence and Passport.