Date Posted: Monday 30 July 2018
Pipeline Technology Ltd are a leading manufacturer and supplier of Under pressure drilling and pipeline equipment supplying the Gas & Water Industries in the UK and export to 105 countries worldwide.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the company due to continued expansion. We have a vacancy for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team at our offices in Fareham. We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated and experienced individual who will be working within a small team.
The successful applicant should have a very good mechanical engineering background ideally possess knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques including Turning, Milling, Pipe & Sheet Fabrication and welding
Day to day duties
• Creation of design drawings, parts lists and operating manuals using SOLIDWORKS
• To design concept generation sketches through to batch manufacturing
• Structured BOM’s for all products and projects
• Ongoing product development ensuring all design activity is both cost effective and within budget.
• Ordering and expediting component delivery
• Communicating with other departments on job by job basis
• Interpreting the customer’s requirements of a product / into product
• Support of the customer, with regards to technical enquiries
• Provide support to Sales and Service departments
• Understand the requirements of other departments and the time required to complete certain tasks.
• Completion of product designs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work with shop floor personnel during the manufacture of prototypes, solving production
problems and analysis/improvement of processes and tooling
Your Experience / Skills
• Basic hand calculations and the ability to solve problems
• Aware of drawing protocol and drawing standards
• Design office experience
• Experience of project based environments
• Methodical, self-starter with the ability to manage own time and projects
• Proficient in MS Office
• Driving licence
The candidate will have the opportunity to join a well-established and growing business with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
Interested applicants should via email enclosing their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com