Spiral Construction is the leading manufacturer of bespoke spiral and helical stairs in the UK. An established, and fast growing company, who are well known within the industry for their high quality products and services. We currently have some fantastic opportunities to support the growth and investment at the manufacturing site in Helston, Cornwall.
The Role: CAD Designer (Helston, Cornwall)
We have a great opportunity available for an experienced and creative CAD designer to join a successful manufacturing company to work on a variety of their new and existing products and projects. The successful candidate will be producing design layouts in 3D (SOLIDWORKS) and 2D (Autocad) so experience with these systems is essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Designer:
• Have an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing ideally within a fabrication environment.
• Work from design specifications to produce design layouts and documentation for the production of drawings and Bills of Materials.
• Check designs for feasibility of construction, checking that all safety factors have been incorporated in design and that the design is fit for purpose.
• Work in close liaison with fabrication and installation teams to ensure projects are seamless and delivered on time, against budget and design specifications.
• Attend meetings as and when required with customers, suppliers and other departments to discuss design requirements, schemes and progress.
• Give due consideration to the selection of materials and compounds to be used, most effective and economical method of manufacture and examine the possibility of incorporating standard components, parts and materials.
• Liaison with all departments to ensure cost effectiveness and efficient design for manufacture and performance.
• Involvement with outside suppliers as and when required to finalise selection of processes, materials, costs and availability.