Date Posted: Friday 25 October 2019
We are a leading original design manufacturer of Audio Video accessories for the professional AV and systems integrations marketplace with an extensive range of solutions. A long established privately owned company with a global network of offices.
As part of our ongoing expansion, the opportunity has arisen to join our product design team in Daventry Northamptonshire. Working as a key part of the in-house design team, this role will be to undertake any technical enquiries and assist the product design and sales teams. You will become a product expert.
This is a new role and we are looking for an all-rounder, someone from a background in either mechanical design, product design or engineering with experience in SOLIDWORKS who is technically minded and takes a hands on approach to work.
If you have experience or qualifications in any of these fields or similar please get in contact as this opportunity could be for you. Although industry experience would be advantageous, we will consider the right person without any experience (university graduate etc).
There is a clear path for progression in this role.
• Provide technical support / help to colleagues and customers
• Create installation drawings using SOLIDWORKS CAD software
• Create lists of products required for installations
• Produce technical drawings of products using SOLIDWORKS to go onto the company website
• Produce product instruction manuals (training will be given)
• Assist with product testing - Physical testing
• General workshop duties such as using a band saw, circular saw and pillar drill etc
• Assist with quality control of products
• Will be expected to liaise directly with customers
• Liaising with suppliers, sales team, supply chain manager and design engineers in the far east
• Managing product data and general office administration
• Assist with setting up stands at exhibitions in the UK and abroad
• May be asked to assist with setting up installations for customers
• Assist the product design team
Your Experience / Skills
• Ideally someone from a product / mechanical / engineering design background. SOLIDWORKS experience necessary
• Experience using SOLIDWORKS to create assemblies, configurations and drawings
• Technically minded
• Excellent spelling and grammar with a meticulous attention to detail
• Good team working and communication skills – written and verbal
• Must have an excellent phone manner
• Self-motivated, confident, enthusiastic, organised multi-tasker with excellent project management skills that enjoys a varied workload
• Competent using PCs and Windows
• General workshop skills
• Must be able to lift a 25kg weight to chest height (for product testing)