Date Posted: Wednesday 30 October 2019
We are looking for a Design Engineer to be part of a young dynamic team shaking up a tradition engineering market. We are a small specialist engineering company that supports some of the world’s leading aerospace and defence companies around the globe. Based in Isleworth, Middlesex, we are the market leader in temporary single sided fasteners that incorporate worldwide patents and next generation manufacturing technology to enable aerospace companies to manufacture their products. We provide precision aerospace temporary fasteners that allow airframe manufactures to assemble their aircrafts. We are looking for an Design Engineer to support the engineering team in line with the sales plan and business model, as well as and provide vital skills to this growing business. The goal of this role will be to ensure that product designs and amendments are delivered to grow our world class products and meet industry challenges. The role will provide the vital link between customers, sales, engineering and operations and allows the business to deliver on its vision of engineering strong solutions. Currently we provide a large number of part numbers clustered into 5 current product ranges that are delivered to every major aerospace manufacturing country around the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design, drawing and development of Kwikbolt products. They will contribute to the Company’s success by assisting the Technical Director in matters relating to product development, design for Additive Manufacturing and real time problem solving of production problems. Candidates will be self-motivated and have a passion for delivering engineering excellence and want to grow within a dynamic growing business. This combined with experience, exceptional communication skills will provide great career opportunities within a business that is shaking up a traditional market.
This vacancy, to be based in Isleworth, Middlesex, is for an Design Engineer, ensuring that product designs and amendments are delivered on time and in full as well as maintaining the quality and cost model of the business.
This role offers great career opportunities, experiencing the pinnacle of engineering and will be supported with driven and committed team and staff.
Specifics of the role will include:
• Preparation of SOLIDWORKS 3D models, general layout, assembly and detail drawings in line with client’s requirements and design standards
• Carrying out the design process and development for both new and existing products
• Interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes
• Support the delivery of products, drawings and documents on time and in full
• Support the operations team
• Support the supply chain performance (Time, Quality, Cost and Service)
• Maintain the 100% external quality level
• Manage the drawing control process
• Contribute to and report via month end meetings and KPI’s
• Support and contribute to a year on year 5% cost reduction program
• Provide ad hoc external support (sales meetings, events, meetings, phone)
• Lead by example
• Support and contribute to the improvement all operational processes and procedures
Your Experience / Skills
• Minimum 1 years design experience
• Proficiency, 2 and 3D CAD, preferably SOLIDWORKS
• Proficiency in hand calculations and analysis tools such as FEA
• Ability to create and manage engineering drawings and quality documents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Has a sociable style with good drive and dedication.
• Have good communicational and management skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Ability to get ‘hands dirty’ to meet deliverables
• Motivation and a desire to contribute to a dynamic business
• Has a full valid driving licence
• Ability to make decisions and take responsibility
• Ability to engage with operations, sales staff and customers
• Ability to see tasks through to completion
• Able to build trust and deliver on promises
• Experience of working within an engineering sector
• HND or university degree in an relevant subject
• Previous experience of the aerospace and defence industry
• Previous experience of the aerospace fastener market