Date Posted: Monday 19 September 2016
Job Responsibilities and Major Activities / Tasks:
• Design and amend steering systems and components using 3D modelling software, mainly SOLIDWORKS.
• Create detailed drawings suitable for manufacturing and assembly.
• Using FEA to influence the design of components.
• Liaison directly with customers/ suppliers and internal departments on a technical level.
• Some travelling may be required to discuss projects, which may include foreign travel.
• Set up and running of sample testing, including technical report writing.
• Familiar with DFMEA’s, APQP.
• Involvement with project management and advanced planning for production.
• Manage/ Hand calculation for loads/forces/torque would be advantageous
• Any other duties as required.
• Qualified to at least HND or Degree level in an area of Engineering.
• Experience within a design engineering environment.
• Experience on SOLIDWORKS design software (although experience on other systems will be considered and training will be provided).
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office software.
• Full driving licence.
• Experience in FMEA, FEA and APQP, “hands-on” manufacturing.
• Be prepared to work offsite when required;
Your Experience / Skills
Experience within a design engineering environment