Date Posted: Wednesday 18 September 2019
EmTech Hatchery systems design, manufacture and install a range of specialist incubation machines for the poultry industry, selling worldwide with a reputation for quality.
EmTech offer an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business operating within the mechanical & electronics engineering industry. Due to continued success and growth, we now require a Mechanical/Electrical Design Engineer to join our busy engineering department, working on the design and development of a range of incubation equipment where the need for flexibility and an ability to resolve engineering issues is required.
The successful applicant will require the skills to undertake design work including but not limited to: detail, layout, & assembly drawings, bill of materials, picking lists, materials take off, revision control records, maintaining technical database, producing project specific layouts, MTO lists, BoM’s, Additionally you will be working on product development and value engineering existing parts & assemblies as required. Regular interaction with the manufacturing department and with component suppliers.
Your Experience / Skills
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Ability to communicate technical details of a design solution
• Ability to read drawings
• Interpretation of standards and their implications
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and methods
• 3D modelling, SOLIDWORKS
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, & PDF tools
• Work on multiple design activities concurrently, ensuring design information is available to meet production time scales
• Ability to work in an organised manner, keep accurate records and be able to write engineering documentation
• Provide technical advice to sales staff and customers
• Production of technical datasheets
• manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
• Sage Line 50: 1 year (Preferred)
• Knowledge of all voltage systems up to 415 volt 3 phase (Preferred).
• Knowledge of PLC's and AC Drives is advantageous but not essential.
• Self-motivated and positive
• Organised with ability to meet project deadlines
• Good communicator
• Able to demonstrate initiative and work without supervision
• Drive to improve and learn new skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing demands
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to think creatively
• An eye for detail
**No agencies please**