Date Posted: Thursday 3 October 2019
World-leading design & manufacturer of high quality, precision, weight measurement technologies for use across a diverse range of industrial sectors, including Medical, Industrial & Agricultural, Process Automation, Process Weighing, Weighing equipment & Test & Measurement sectors.
The combination of Flintec sensors and our extensive range of accessories and electronics allows for the design and installation of a complete weighing system.
Ideal for an Experienced Electronics Design engineer with drive and determination to take the department forward to new levels with a combination of expansion and investment in our people, processes & systems to support our ever-increasing new project development workloads supporting Electronics & Junior engineering teams.
Confident enough to bring own ideas to concept & design specification phase of new projects working across multiple Engineering teams & customers.
You will be part of a Global highly skilled R&D Engineering team responsible for designing an array of dedicated weighing systems that allow Electronics, Software devices both Analogue & Digital to communicate through both conventional and new wireless technologies to load cells and sensors displaying weighing information and also interface with peripheral systems.
Developing concept ideas thru to Serial product transfer to our world class manufacturing sites in Sri Lanka for Flintec’s generic products & bespoke custom solutions.
The Cardiff Team specialise in all Flintec’s NPD Hardware & Firmware solutions also supporting Engineering & R&D teams in Germany, Boston MA & Sri Lanka.
Support the future development & expansion of improved EDA Simulation CAD tools towards Right First Time Design Engineering approach.
Located in Wentloog Cardiff but currently planning to relocate due to ongoing Engineering expansion to a new purpose-built premises in Cardiff & M4 Area.
Your Experience / Skills
• Qualified to HND/Degree level in electronics
• +8 Years Electronics Engineering design experience
• Experience of leading Electronics Engineering teams, including Development and mentoring of the Technicians & Apprentices.
• The senior engineering role will also provide an opportunity for the right candidate future development towards a hands Electronics Engineering manager.
• Excellent communicator and possess Leadership & Team player qualities
• Able to manage or assist multiple Electronic projects in a dynamic, matrix environment.
• Analogue to Digital conversion experience
• Serial communications architecture (including CAN-bus, RS-485, RS-232, USB, SPI, I2C)
• Design for EMC experience.
• Experience of Design For Manufacture, Cost and Test
• Must be already living in a 25 mile radius to Flintec Cardiff
• Possess a Can Do attitude to challenge.
• Proficient in MS Office tools and MS Project.
• Hold a EU Passport & driving licence available to support occasional overseas business travel.
• Experience/Proficient EDA Engineering (Design & Analysis Tools ) software
• Assist in definition & implementation of product tests in-house and customer’s sites
• Collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of design application
• Understanding of load cells in weighing applications, EN45501 / OIML R76
• Analogue bridge circuitry, especially the detailed analysis of complex resistor networks.
• Design micro controller interfaces