Every year at Solid Solutions we take part in the ‘Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for’ survey. This allows our employees to have an anonymous voice on how they feel day to day in the workplace.
We are proud to announce that we have achieved Two Star Accreditation Status for having outstanding levels of employee engagement.
Not only have we achieved a Two Star Accreditation, but we are also in the top 75 companies to work for in the Midlands! These awards are something we are really proud of as they reflect our core values and importance of our employees' wellbeing.
Alan Sampson, CEO at Solid Solutions, comments "I cannot overstate how much this means to me and the rest of the management team and provides strong proof that we are all moving our business culture in a positive direction as we grow. Culture and engagement are driven by many daily actions and interactions, something for which we are all responsible and actively participate at. Having this more formally recognised in these awards, will help attract further great talent to our organisation and continue to make Solid Solutions a great place to work. I feel very proud of the team and everything they contribute to our business."
Why this survey is important to us?
With feedback from our people, we can make sure that our initiatives will help us to retain talent and attract the right future applicants. Healthy work culture and high engagement mean that we will continue to have great colleagues in the future!
What factors influence the survey?
The tested methodology used by the Best Companies Survey is unique and follows their 8 factors of engagement. Their survey is broken down to show how we perform across these key sectors, meaning that we are able to tackle specific areas for improvement. The 8 factors are based on:
- Leadership - How employees feel about the head of the organisation, senior managers, and the organisation’s values and principles
- My Manager - How employees feel about and communicate with their direct manager
- Personal Growth - What employees feel about training and their future prospects
- Wellbeing - How employees feel about stress, the pressure at work, and work-life balance
- My Team - Employees feelings towards their immediate colleagues and how well they work together
- Giving Something Back - The extent to which employees feel their organisation has a positive impact on society
- My Company - The level of engagement employees have for their job and organisation
- Fair Deal - How happy employees are with their pay and benefits
Pictured above: Solid Solutions Employees at various company activities and events