Many of our customers are taking advantage of the task automation options inside SOLIDWORKS PDM to create the neutral file types that they share with their customers and suppliers. As the name and location of the PDF, STEP files and so on can be configured to suit individual business requirements it’s not uncommon for those files to be in a different location to the source data and to not share the same file name.
This can mean that for customers wishing to collate all these files into a single location for sharing with collaborative partners not using SOLIDWORKS, that this can be a cumbersome and error prone activity.
The Drawing Pack Tool allows you to configure an interface that collect the required types of data referenced by drawings, parts or assemblies then copy them outside of the vault as a collection of individual files or direct into a ZIP file for sharing.
- Once configured tool adds a ‘right click’ menu command to build the drawing pack
- Rules can be configured to look for specific neutral file naming conventions for different native file types
- Interface will warn if an expected file is missing (e.g. no PDF for a specific Drawing) or of a parent document is checked out (so potentially under change)
- One click zip file creation
- Optionally include the source native files within the drawing pack