As a Solid Solutions Group Manufacturing Applications Engineer you have a great opportunity to use your Production and Manufacturing knowledge to help develop and support CAM usage within the Solid Solutions Group customer base of 12,000 companies. This could be delivering a pre-sales demonstration, conducting on-site consultancy, in the classroom delivering a training course or working on the support desk resolving specific issues.
As part of the World’s Most Qualified SOLIDWORKS Technical Team, you are encouraged to develop your CAD & CAM capabilities, with the chance to become the ‘best of the best’ as a SOLIDWORKS Elite Applications Engineer and Gold Partner CAM Certified Expert. This is a significant challenge in its own right. The learning curve is steep but definitely worthwhile.
Understanding how SOLIDWORKS and the best CAM systems are used in many different industries to develop and make many different products means you’re never short of new experiences and the opportunity to travel.
Your Experience / Skills
We are looking for suitably qualified CAM Programmers/Production Engineers or CAM Applications Engineers with a minimum of 3 years in industry. CAM Programming as well as Machining Experience is essential as is previous CAD experience and a strong customer focus and a willingness to learn. If you have a proven track record in machining and production environments, including successful problem solving, and the expertise and passion to focus your energy on the needs of our engineering design and manufacturing customers we would like to hear from you.
- Engineers with hands-on CNC Machining and CAM experience
- Engineers with experience of installing, managing or operating CNC production process improvements as both hardware (machines) and software (CAM/DNC) systems
- Engineers with experience in machining and production problem solving, beyond CNC and CNC programming, and into production engineering, workholding, tooling, machining strategies
- Experience of varied CNC machine controllers, machine communications and post processors would be a distinct advantage, as would specific knowledge of using CAMWorks or SolidCAM
To maintain our standards, we are committed to investing in the lifelong training and development of all our staff and we offer full training and career development to individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile who can demonstrate:
- The ability to understand the needs of our customers and to work closely with them and others in our extensive technical support team to present solutions to meet client needs.
- The ability to work with our customer base across a wide range of industries providing proactive advice and exceptional customer service.
Typical Activities Include:
- New Technology Presentations
- Developing Best Practices
- In Office
- Troubleshooting on the Technical Support Desk
- Delivering in-class Certified SOLIDWORKS CAM, CAMWorks and SolidCAM Training Courses
We offer full training and career development. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
Solid Solutions Group is a great place to work. Despite having over 200 employees nationwide we retain the energy and enthusiasm usually associated with younger, smaller companies. Ideas are encouraged, voices are heard and efforts are directly translated into business successes. The sense of community also extends outside work hours with some great social events.
Discover more about Solid Solutions