a Solid Solutions Applications Engineer you have a great opportunity to use
your Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics knowledge to help develop and
support CAD usage within the Solid Solutions customer base of 15,000 companies.
This could be delivering a pre-sales demonstration, conducting on-site
consultancy, in the classroom delivering a training course or working on the support
desk resolving specific issues. As part of the World’s Most Qualified
SOLIDWORKS Technical Team, you are encouraged to develop your Mechanical,
Electrical and Electronics capabilities, with the chance to become the ‘best of
the best’ as a SOLIDWORKS Elite Applications Engineer and Gold Partner CAM
This is a significant challenge in its own right. The
learning curve is steep but definitely worthwhile. Understanding how SOLIDWORKS
and the best Electrical/ Electronics systems are used in many different
industries to develop and make many different products means you’re never short
of new experiences and the opportunity to travel.
Your Experience / Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and take on new skills across the product range
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Disciplined approach to customer follow-up
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Suitably qualified in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, ideally (but not essential)
covering a collection of these areas
Experience of any Mechanical,
Electrical & Electronics package would be a distinct advantage, as would
specific knowledge of using SOLIDWORKS. If you have a proven track record in problem solving and the expertise and passion to focus your energy on the needs of our engineering design customers we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile who can demonstrate:
- The ability to understand the needs
of our customers and to work closely with them and others in our extensive
technical support team to present solutions to meet client needs.
- The ability to work with our customer
base across a wide range of industries providing proactive advice and
exceptional customer service.
Typical Activities Include:
- Conducting pre sales demonstrations of our software solutions to prospective customers
- Conducting technical visits to customers to resolve problems and advise best practices
- Additional pre sales work such as support of evaluations/trials and benchmarks
- Delivering training courses for the product range at Solid Solutions' offices and customer sites
- Telephone support to solve customer problems
We offer full training and career development to individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
We also put a lot of emphasis on the SOLIDWORKS certification program which is a means of upskilling application engineers across the whole product portfolio to ensure our engineers are in the best possible position to support our customer base. Full internal training and development programs are in place for this, alongside bonus incentives for successful engineers.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO SOLID SOLUTIONS, NOT THROUGH AGENCIES.
Solid Solutions is a great place to work. Despite having over 200 employees nationwide we retain the energy and enthusiasm usually associated with younger, smaller companies. Ideas are encouraged, voices are heard and efforts are directly translated into business successes. The sense of community also extends outside work hours with some great social events.
Discover more about Solid Solutions