As a SOLIDWORKS Applications Engineer you have a great opportunity to use your Mechanical Engineering knowledge to help develop and support some of the UK’s most innovative companies. This could be on-site consulting with our customers, in the classroom delivering a training course or working on the support desk resolving specific issues.
As part of the World’s Most Qualified SOLIDWORKS Technical Team, you are encouraged to develop your CAD capabilities, with the chance to become the ‘best of the best’ as a SOLIDWORKS Elite Applications Engineer. This is a significant challenge in its own right. The learning curve is steep but definitely worthwhile.
Understanding how SOLIDWORKS is used in many different industries to develop many different products means you’re never short of new experiences and the opportunity to travel.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and commitment to go the extra mile who can demonstrate:
- The ability to understand the needs of our customers and to work closely with them and others in our extensive technical support team to present solutions to meet client needs.
- The ability to work with our customer base across a wide range of industries providing proactive advice and exceptional customer service.
Typical Activities Include:
- In Office
- Troubleshooting on the Technical Support Desk
- Delivering in-class Certified SOLIDWORKS Training Courses
- Developing Best Practices
- New Technology Presentations
We offer full training and career development. Successful candidates will have the ability to develop customer relationships, to understand their needs and translate into solutions that deliver real business benefits.
Your Experience / Skills
We are looking for degree qualified engineers or designers with a minimum of 3 years in industry. CAD experience is essential as is a willingness to learn. If you have a proven track record in problem solving and the expertise and passion to focus your energy on the needs of our customers we would like to hear from you.
- Engineers with experience of installing, managing or operating data managements systems
- Engineers with experience in stress, fluid dynamics or other forms of Simulation
- Engineers with hands-on CNC and/or CAM experience
Solid Solutions is a great place to work. Despite having over 100 employees nationwide we retain the energy and enthusiasm usually associated with younger, smaller companies. Ideas are encouraged, voices are heard and efforts are directly translated into business successes. The sense of community also extends outside work hours with some great social events.
Discover more about Solid Solutions