Wednesday January 7, 2015 at 11:09am
SOLIDWORKS settings for optimised performance speed
When working on simple geometry, there are a few settings we can tweak in order to improve performance speed.
Within System Options > Performance.
- Slide the level of detail to the right.
- Check, No preview during open.
- Uncheck, both transparency boxes.
- Run solid models and assemblies with shaded display turned on. SOLIDWORKS runs quickest in this mode.
- To force a solid model, assembly model or a drawing to completely rebuild and refresh, use the Ctrl+Q function.
- Within the System Options under General, make sure Show thumbnail graphics in Windows Explorer is unchecked. If this item is checked, it will drastically slow down Windows Explorer when showing SOLIDWORKS files.
View the Video here