The status bar at the bottom of the SOLIDWORKS window provides information related to the function you are currently performing.
To display or hide the status bar:
Click View > Status Bar.
Typical information provided in the status bar:
- A brief description as you move the pointer over a tool or click a menu item
- A rebuild icon , if you make changes to a sketch or part that requires the rebuild of the part
- Sketch status and pointer coordinates, when you are working in a sketch
- Commonly used measurements for selected entities, such as the length of an edge
- A message to indicate that you are editing a part while in an assembly
- An icon for accessing the Reload dialog box when you are using collaboration options
- A message to indicate that you have selected to suspend automatic rebuilds
- Unit System , which shows the unit system for the active document in the status bar and lets you change or customize the unit system
- An icon to enable you to turn Quick Tips on or off
- An icon to display or hide the Tags text box, used to add keywords to features and parts to aid in searching
By Jon Weston-Stanley
View the Video here