In SOLIDWORKS we have a toolbox library, materials library and appearances library, one library we don't have is a annotations library. This can easily be rectified allowing you to create an extensive catalogue of frequently used annotations, notes, symbols etc...
The process is quick and easy, just follow the steps below
- Go to; Design Library symbol > expand the design library folder > right click annotation > click new folder.
- Rename the new folder e.g. Notes Library
- Create a note > select the note > click the Add to Library button (in the Design Library tab of the Task Manager).
- Name the note and specify the Notes Library folder you just created as the save location.
- Once the Annotation is added to the Notes Library folder, it can be dragged into the drawing.
By Jon Weston-Stanley
View the Video here