SOLIDWORKS: Creating an RX with Video
View an interactive step by step guide below by pressing the play button below.
For the best experience view the guide full screen click here.
If you prefer the solution is outlined in text below.
1. In Windows access Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS 20XX > SOLIDWORKS TOOLS >SOLIDWORKS RX 20XX
2. This will open up the SOLIDWORKS RX Diagnostic tool.
3. Select the Problem Capture Tab.
4. Allow the System Information capture to complete.
5. Make sure that "Record a video of the steps in SOLIDWORKS" and "Record Encoded Logging Data" are selected and then select start capture.
6. You will be prompted to start SOLIDWORKS or use the current session, use the setting which is best for the particular process.
7. Follow the process through in SOLIDWORKS as slowly as possible right up until SOLIDWORKS crashes.
8. Once complete you will be prompted back to the RX tool.
9. Select Package Files Now.
10. This will prompt you to save the .file, select somewhere appropriate.
11. Send the file to email@example.com and include a description of the problem and your contact information.
Please note that support is only available for customers with an active Solid Solutions subscription.