How can I use my SOLIDWORKS license on my desktop and my laptop?
1) On a regular standalone license you may only have SOLIDWORKS active on one machine at a time however you can move the license between machines. On the machine that is currently active, open SOLIDWORKS and go to Help -> Deactivate Licenses (called transfer license in 2015 and earlier).
2) On the machine you wish to activate SOLIDWORKS simply start SOLIDWORKS as normal and run through the activation wizard that will automatically appear.
What are the types of license?
How do I activate my SOLIDWORKS License?
1) Product activation is an anonymous, secure, and hassle free process that authenticates licensed users.
2) To register a product not under activation:
a) Log into the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal
b) Register your product(s) under the Register My Products link in the My Information section.
3) Activation customers still should register their products to have full access to all features within the Customer Portal (with an active Subscription Service contract)
How do I transfer my license to another computer?
1) To transfer a license to a new or upgraded computer, first transfer it to the license key server at Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS Corporation, then reactivate it on the other computer.
2) If you were unable to transfer the license to Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS Corporation (because of hard drive failure, for example), reactivation is still successful in most cases. If not, contact your VAR for help.
3) To transfer a license back to the server:
a) In SOLIDWORKS, click Help & Transfer Licenses, and follow the instructions.
b) To reactivate, go to the new or upgraded computer and activate the license as you did during the initial activation. For details, see Activating a License.