Date Posted: Tuesday 30 April 2019
A sheet metal company in the High Wycombe area are looking to appoint a 3D CAD/CAM designer, familiar with SOLIDWORKS software packages, who can integrate both the design modelling of new and existing products with the issue of manufacture drawings.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring all technical drawings are aligned with approved designs, meet all agreed production specifications and they are fully document controlled in line with the company’s quality control procedures.
The applicant will develop an in depth understanding of the company’s range of products, ensuring all associated technical drawings are consistent, accurately maintained and kept up to date. An understanding of sheet metal materials and production methods will be advantageous.
The applicant will be a good communicator, well organised and able to manage tasks to agreed deadlines, be a team player and have a passion for the security products industry. The applicant will keep up-to-date with latest CAD/CAM innovation and industry trends at a technical level and share knowledge and best practice with the wider team.
1. Reporting to the Technical Director, the applicant will be required to produce accurate drawings and documents through all stages of the design and development process, aid in the concept and design stages and produce detailed technical drawings using SOLIDWORKS modelling software to meet agreed specifications.
2. Detail all elements of drawings and schedules of components in line with company protocols to reflect all necessary information required inhouse or by sub-contractors to effectively quote and manufacture parts in accordance with approved designs.
3. Produce 2D and 3D approval drawings to meet customer and end user requirements.
4. Maintain accurate records of work created to support document quality control procedures.
5. Participate in company internal design and production meetings to effectively present CAD and CAM work, from concept pitch through to development and issue of works documentation. Maintain accurate timesheets and records of projects.
6. Develop and keep up-to-date with latest tools/techniques to produce 3D CAD/CAM work, as well as informing others.
7. Organise and plan own work, manage time effectively and maintain focus on strategic projects.
8. Co-ordinate with production teams to ensure designs are delivered through to manufacture stage and discuss alternative approaches if budgets/constraints become restrictive.
Your Experience / Skills
• Experienced and confident user of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD/CAM software packages. Experience in Driveworks is beneficial.
• Experience within a similar role.
• Minimum HNC/HND Computer Aided Draughting and Design or engineering or manufacturing discipline.
• Good IT skills and general education including English.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working within a busy working environment.
• A team player and self-motivated individual who takes pride in their work.
• Highly organised with attention to detail and consistent quality of work.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.