Date Posted: Wednesday 20 June 2018
• Lead and manage the development and launch of new designs and existing products.
• Support all activities within the design department, is actively involved in the Quality Improvement process.
• Ensure all design activity is both cost effective and within budget.
• Ensure all design procedures within the QMS are maintained, updated and followed.
• Work with the management team to implement and achieve the company’s policies and goals.
• Supervise and motivate other members of the design and projects team, mentor and review the performance of subordinates, to establish training and development needs within that department.
• Design Engineer Peers, Document control and Project Co-ordination.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
• Produce Engineering documents in accordance with project scope of supply.
• Produce Engineering drawings and designs in accordance with project / customer requirements, at all times using the company computer assisted equipment and software.
• Lead the contract handover in accordance with the company procedures, were a full interpretation of the DMS is to be established and design reviews implemented, all work to be carried out in accordance with the full scope of supply, customer specifications and the estimate.
• Using the company assisted drawing equipment and software efficiently, produce final drawings, 3d models , checking all dimensions in accordance with the company operating procedures.
• Perform Finite Analysis, calculations for PED and Atex files in accordance with procedures and project requirements. Where appropriate assess the strength and integrity of designs, to include implementing, overseeing FEA and testing when required either internally or externally.
• Produce project test procedures, paint procedures, ITP’s, reports and manuals in accordance with the project scope.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers, providing technical project support.
• Make adjustments, modification and changes were necessary, using the DMR as the vehicle for changes in accordance with the companies operating procedures.
• Create parts list for all assemblies ensuring the bills of materials are entered in the company data base TABS accurately. Providing technical resources to production, Sales, Projects, Materials and customers when needed.
• Always design from a basis of cost reduction while maintaining a high level of integrity and consistent high quality within the product range that is required by Ram Pumps.
• Must be self-confident, enthusiastic, smart and personable.
• Good Team working and communication skills.
• Honesty and discretion.
• Good organisation skills.
• Committed to accuracy, exceptional quality and meeting strict deadlines.
• Diligent and good reasoning ability based on data, provide sound judgement, definition and solution.
Your Experience / Skills
• 5 Years minimum Design Engineering Experience.
• Proficient in Solid Works and EPDM.
• Good Knowledge of Machining and workshop practices.
• Good Knowledge of Process Engineering, Hydraulics, metals and alloys.
• Above average mathematic skills, such that pricing, costing, project justification, financial and data analysis can be performed efficiently and accurately to enable good problem solving and decision making.
• Above average ability to communicate verbally in group settings.
• Above average ability to communicate in written format using correct grammar and spelling.
• Good decision making skills.
• Commercial Awareness.
• Good effective leadership, mentoring and coaching skills.
• Administration processes, competent in office word and excel spreadsheets