Date Posted: Monday 13 May 2019
Design Engineer Position
Northern Marine Power Ltd (Trade Name: DELTA)
Design Engineer required for a leading boat design and manufacturing company.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will ensure that layouts of the boats are generated to customer specifications and issued to the production team to aid in the manufacture of the vessels on site.
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- 3D CAD modelling of parts and assemblies using SOLIDWORKS.
- Construction and presentation of engineering drawings of components / metal fabrications (such as tubular frameworks and sheet metal design) and GRP (fibreglass) components.
- Updates and revisions of constructional drawings and CAD models using SOLIDWORKS adhering to ISO 9001/2008.
- Assessment of vessel structure, components and equipment.
- Converse with workforce of boat builders regarding design and engineering of new construction vessels and also used / damaged / in-service vessels.
- Provide help and instruction to workforce and suppliers concerning engineering drawings and construction techniques.
- Record keeping including photographs of build and servicing progress.
- Quality assessment of running projects and completed vessels. Findings and rectification instructions clearly communicated to workforce.
- Detailed Writing of Craft Specifications
Mechanical Design Engineer requirements:
- Boat design / marine experience advantageous but not essential
- SOLIDWORKS modelling experience
- Problem solving skills and enthusiasm
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Capable of working to deadlines