Date Posted: Friday 21 September 2018
Forme is a market leader in bespoke and high-end architectural metalwork, with an excellent portfolio of projects..
Based in Cornwall, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to contribute to our continued success and exception growth, to work within a small team, reporting to the Operations Manager. You will have end-to-end responsibility for multiple projects working in collaboration with the whole team to deliver projects on time, on budget and to a high standard.
Our client base includes top tier contractors in the most exciting construction hub in the world – London. Our London based team will rely on you having excellent communication skill to relay project information and coordinating site deliveries.
Your Experience / Skills
Required skills and experience:
• Engineering based degree or equivalent
• Minimum 3 year’s experience of precision sheet-metal
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
• Attention to detail, a high standard of accuracy and quality, together with clear communication skills are essential
• A ‘can do’, flexible attitude
• Ability to complete tasks independently and contribute towards effective teamwork
• Creative & innovative approach to problem solving and product/process development and be able to work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Production of client quotation drawings, liaising with clients, attending design meetings on and offsite
• Production of detailed written work instructions for manufacture and installation of projects
• Technical drawings to accompany work instructions and quotations
• Product design and development
• Creation of new parts/assemblies and creation of their bills of materials
• Liaising with the precision sheet-metal sub-contractors
• Site surveys
• Responsible for assisting with the efficient and smooth running of projects both from the office and on site
• Supporting the project team and site managers as necessary
• Processing project documentation in accordance with requirements
• Demonstrate economy and efficiency in all areas
• Provide assistance to company operations and manufacturing subcontractors as required
• Ensure that quality policy is adhered to
• Regular communication regarding project progress, costs, issues, delays
• Lead new product development and continuous product improvement
• Work to project plans and manage multiple deadlines and tasks accurately and reliably
• Previous experience of leading a team and projects, preferred but not essential
In return Forme offer a rare opportunity to be based in a rural Cornish studio setting whilst delivering top-tier projects. Our studio is relaxed but focused, with an honest and constructive culture. We are a small team where every individual counts. You will be challenged daily and trusted with responsibilities of delivering high-end architectural projects.