If you are an experienced SOLIDWORKS design engineer with project management experience and the drive and enthusiasm to embrace new challenges, here is an opportunity to play a key part in the growth of one of the leading suppliers of aluminium applications and structures.
Our team have undertaken prestigious and notable work across a broad range of industries including Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Food and Manufacturing.
The position will involve working from customer drawings and samples but also interpreting customer ideas and preparing 3D models through to production drawings for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes.
Requirements for this position
• You will need to be fully conversant and technically astute with SOLIDWORKS 3D with at least several years experience, working within a mechanical engineering environment.
• This is a crucial role to the business therefore; you will need to have a proven track record in the production of accurate and high quality CAD drawings.
• The ability and desire to work on a diverse range of projects, combining good organisational skills and effective prioritisation and management of tasks to achieve and exceed deadlines.
• Good written and verbal skills. Able to communicate well with senior engineering staff about project objectives and details.
• Motivation to work effectively as a fully participating member of a busy CAD team within the business.
• Able to demonstrate experience and capability in the field of product and mechanical design.
• Ability to take ownership of projects and deliver to completion and ensuring the project is running to time and budget.
• To produce Engineering drawings, which are core to the business and will form part of contract documentation, project tenders, and for use in the workshop, etc?
• Must be flexible and adaptable regarding CAD task programs with respect to both customer and project requirements.
• Ability to work on our customers sites in the UK and several other countries, usually for two weeks at any one time.