Date Posted: Thursday 9 April 2015
Graduate Project Engineer (CAD/Mechanical Bias)
Work with suppliers and our customers’ Management & Engineering Team to develop product design focusing on injection moulded plastics.
• Aid in plastic product design, provide/amend CAD models and drawings when required using SOLIDWORKS 2015 (training will be provided if you have good experience on other CAD systems)
• Attend and coordinate moulding trials, design reviews with suppliers on a global basis and support the program management of mould tool & process.
• Co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure that specifications, materials and trials are all proceeding as planned.
• Communication with Project team to understand trial requirements and feedback progress and results.
• Complete Design for Manufacture (DFM) studies on part concepts with view to injection mould tooling and injection mould process.
• Support our Polymer Engineer in the running of Moldex3D Plastics Simulation Software
• Support both customer & supplier development.
Your Experience / Skills
• Preferably SOLIDWORKS experience. Although Pro E, Unigrahics, Autodesk Inventor, Catia experience also considered.
• To be able to challenge customer & suppliers on a technical level.
• The role is wide spread across many skills sets, you will be expected to work on many projects at any one particular time, therefore need to be flexible.
• Self-motivated and technically consciences.
• Have experience in injection moulding and plastics
• Desirable understanding of world class manufacturing performance principles. (Lean, Sigma, TPM)
• Good written, numerical & communication skills (good file documentation and presentation skills)
• 100% Professional at all times and offer true value for money in this role.
• Be able to read and manipulate various levels of data and give correct & meaningful conclusions
• Be willing to travel globally on specific assignments
• Desirable understanding in Statistics, Minitab Software
Graduated from 2013 onwards and achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines and have good solid CAD skills.
• Mechanical Engineering
• Polymer Engineering
• Engineering Science with strong Mechanical Bias
• Product Design with Mechanical Engineering Experience
We are looking for adaptable, self-motivated graduate who is excellent working both individually or in a team. We need you to be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both your colleagues and external clients through excellent verbal and written communication.
Plastic Injection Moulding
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: