Allied Automation currently has vacancies in our design department, and we would like to hear from experienced mechanical design engineers with 5+ years’ professional experience to join our design team.
We are looking for engineers who are innovative, diligent, ambitious, creative, personable, ability to learn on the job, and are passionate about automation.
Allied Automation is a custom machine builder based in Dublin. We design, manufacture and supply bespoke industrial automation equipment to medical device companies in Ireland.
Working at Allied Automation you will have the chance to work on many varied automation projects, seeing your 3D designs come to life on the factory floor during build and testing phases. You will become experienced in exciting automation technologies including robotics, vision systems, sensors, conveyor systems, motors, actuators, pneumatics, and much more.
See video link for an example of a typical automation project at Allied Automation:
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Designing bespoke automation equipment for use within medical device sector.
- Working as a lead design & project engineer to bring innovative concepts to life through CAD modelling, prototyping and detailed specification for manufacture.
- Use SOLIDWORKS to develop complex multi-part CAD assemblies and output detailed specification drawings for our in-house tooling department.
- Leading client presentations, project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service.
- Managing projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly, testing, through to installing at the customer site.
- Manage, plan and execute projects on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure machines meet CE marking standards.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet requirements.
- Procurement of material and components, ability to work closely and communicate clearly with suppliers.