Richmond Furniture Limited is a large UK furniture manufacturer, supplying kitchen, bathroom and bedroom furniture nationally to house builders, social housing, merchants, retail showrooms and to city centre and student accommodation projects.
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Product Design team.
The principal activities of the role include:
- The design, development, prototype, testing and launching of new furniture products for each sector that we serve.
- The ideal candidate will not only have an appreciation and understanding of good design (specifically within volume manufacturing), but also be able to produce accurate technical manufacturing drawings whilst working under pressure.
- They should also be confident of meeting with clients, understand and interpret their requirements and be capable of delivering a project from initial quotation and concept stage through to final manufacture and delivery.
- Supporting both the manufacturing team and the data support team by creating assembly drawings and initial BOM’s is a key and integral part of the role.
- The ability to work and communicate professionally within a team whilst under project time pressure constraints.
- It’s expected that the right candidate will work closely with, and support, the purchasing and procurement function, liaising with external suppliers, identifying new products and ensuring the efficient introduction of said products.
- Industry/competitor research and technological/manufacturing advancements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Be proficient in using Solid Works or other similar software
- A good technical understanding of production/manufacturing is a pre-requisite
- Strong furniture design background
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- be able to learn quickly and have the ability to work on your own initiative
- be proactive in your approach to problems you may encounter with the ability to confidently express your opinion and views
- have the confidence to communicate with customers, suppliers and internal departments with a willingness to pick up a phone
- need a flexible approach to work with a willingness to learn
- have a full UK driving licence would be an advantage but is not essential, as occasional off site travel may be required