Date Posted: Thursday 22 August 2013
LumeJet is a UK-based technology innovator that is at an exciting stage in its development. The company is a fast growing technology organisation that is now bringing its first commercial product to market. The product is an ultra-high quality digital printer, which produces the best quality in the world. Lumejet are now looking for a Design Engineer - Mechanical Design to take on responsibility for assisting with design & detailing of new products and to provide short term support/integration.
The Design Engineer is responsible for assisting with Design & Detailing of new products, and to provide short term support/integration.
The role responsibilities and main duties are:
• Assist with the Mechanical Design of new & existing products
• Provide proactive technical input to a small multi disciplinary team.
• Contribute in all areas of the product development, verification and the coordination of its manufacture and test.
• Design & detailing to BS8888 of mechatronic assemblies & components. Including, where appropriate the requirement for precise measurement & alignment of components.
• Produce technical documentation as required, to support the Design rationale.
• Preparation of detail drawings, component specifications and bills of material to support product manufacture, assembly & test.
• Contributing to the company’s technical capability & accumulation of intellectual property.
• Proving ‘hands-on’ technical support for Product Development
• Pro-active involvement in problem solving activities to identify root cause and countermeasures.
• Contribute to the development internal systems and processes
• Work effectively in a small team of Engineers.
Your Experience / Skills
• Previous experience in a relevant role
• Experience of full product life cycle from concept design through to test and development.
• Able to hit the ground running and contribute immediately to workflow within small Mechanical Design team.
• Experience with design of printers, paper transport systems or flow wrapping machines. (desirable)
• Electrical wiring, actuators and sensor skills (desirable)