Role: Design Engineer
Date Posted: Monday 24 August 2015
We are looking for a dynamic 3D designer who is an experienced Solid Works modeller to join our fast paced energetic Toy Company. A background in Engineering, Product or Industrial design is essential. Proven track record of modelling new ideas to precision, whether it is on your own idea, working CAD drawing or a quick sketch. You will need to have an advanced mass manufacturing and tooling knowledge, experience in liaising with the Far East, working in a team and stepping outside your comfort zone. Were looking for an exceptional 3D modeller who is always up for a challenge and always looking to better themselves.
Your Experience / Skills
- Very high standard of SOLIDWORKS modelling capability,
- Experienced surface modeller.
- Create precise and accurate 3D models across a broad range of categories
- Come from a mass manufacturing background,
- Work with the Product design team on new ideas and develop current core range.
- Have a vast knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Experienced in taking an idea from conception to production.
- A strong material and far east production lead time knowledge.
- Can create tooling plans for factories.
- Preferably from the Toy Industry but other similar industries or FMCG backgrounds would be considered.
- Used to a very fast paced environment.
-Can work at a seriously fast pace and maintain a very high standard of work.
- Can juggle multiple jobs at once.
- Loves a challenge and thrives on pressure.
Relevant degree in Engineering, Industrial or Product design. Multiple Solid works qualifications, proven track record in 3D modelling for mass manufacture, can get by in adobe Photoshop and illustrator, can make a good bru' and isn't afraid of a challenge!
25 - 30k
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: