Date Posted: Tuesday 16 August 2016
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to join a young, dynamic and growing company. This a permanent and full time post for a Mechanical Design Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will work within a small cross-functional team developing / designing and building electric motors for various industries with the aid of SOLIDWORKS. The job role will range from build to print to fully bespoke applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for new product design and developing the existing product portfolio.
This position requires:-
• A minimum of an HNC with experience or equivalent.
• Proven experience in SOLIDWORKS or other similar CAD software.
• Drawing office skills (change control / document control).
• Proven experience product design and associated process tooling.
• Project management from cradle to grave to deliver highly robust, low-cost and quality driven solutions in tight time-frames.
• Report writing.
• FEA knowledge would be an advantage.
• Hand calculation.
Your Experience / Skills
• Time served toolmaker or machine room background with electrical bias for high end products advantageous.
• Understanding of MRP/ERP systems & procedures and has good software experience with MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
• Hold extensive experience and expertise in producing production BOM’s around an ISO accredited manufacturing organisation.
• Ability to carry out DFMEA.
• Be pro-active, a team player with high regard and consideration of others.
• High attention to detail and ability to achieve high levels of accuracy.
• Good communication skills – liaising with sales teams, customers and suppliers.
• Above all, a positive and enthusiastic personality is absolutely crucial alongside the ability to be flexible, hardworking and willing to learn new skills.
Overseas customer and supplier visits may occasionally be required but are not the ‘norm’. The position requires a driving license and valid passport.