Role: MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Date Posted: Tuesday 14 August 2018
To continue our successful expansion we are looking for experienced, self-motivated Design Engineer to strengthen our UK operation
Your Experience / Skills
• Lead and manage the development and launch of new projects from concept through to production.
• Performing all duties within the design department including supporting the R & D department, quality department and Production.
• Produce a high level of Engineering drawings and documentation including assembly and test procedures using SOLIDWORKS & Microsoft Office.
• Using SOLIDWORKS efficiently to produce 3D models and 2D technical drawings to the company’s standards.
• Controlling any modifications or changes that are required
• Liaising with customers and suppliers, providing technical support.
• Creating parts lists for all assemblies ensuring the BOM’s are entered onto the company data base accurately.
• Providing technical assistance to the sales and production teams.
• Running cost reduction projects to improve the company’s profit margins.
• Must be proficient in SOLIDWORKS
• Good knowledge of Machining and workshop practices would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Pneumatics, Hydraulics or Electronics would be an advantage but not essential.
• Must be competent in Microsoft office with Word & Excel.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team and prioritise workloads.
• Excellent Communication Skills, both written and oral.
Behavioural & Attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team Player
Degree or Equivalent in Engineering
Negotiable depending on experience
Forest Row, East Sussex
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below:
C . Simmons