Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the key deliverables of this position will be to:
• Lead the CAD team in terms of:
o Process efficiency
o First time drawing accuracy
o Priority scheduling
o Team development and mentorship
o Best practice development and continuous improvement
• Support the Sales Team in the creation of General Arrangement (GA) drawings required during the quotation and order validation process.
• Support the Sales Team in the development of a controlled, centralised repository of standard drawings to aid in an efficient quotation process.
• Support the Production Team in the creation of detailed manufacturing drawings to support the available GA drawings.
• Support the Product Management team in the realisation of Value Engineering activities.
• To create bills of materials (BOM) for assemblies based upon approved GA and manufacturing drawings.
• To review returned customer comments on submitted drawings and to review the impact on cost and capability.
• To review Engineering Change Notes (ECNs), modifying standard drawings in line with recognised requirements.
• To assist in the creation of marketing material which may include, but not be limited to, rendered assemblies and exploded drawings.
• Great working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS and the SOLIDWORKS PDM environment, including administration.
• Qualification in Computer Aided Design, or equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment.
• Great communication skills.
• Experience in, or a proven desire to lead a team.
• Evidence of leading process improvements in drafting and CAD data management activities.