Date Posted: Wednesday 1 August 2018
Manage and lead a team of Design Draughtspersons to support the design and delivery of a variety of marine and interior outfit projects. Collaborate and influence across multiple departments in the organisation to ensure all design works are delivered to client specification, the highest quality, and aligned to standard protocol/best-practice.
• Collaborate across multiple departments including Commercial/Estimation, Project Management and Manufacturing to obtain clear specifications, and oversee design works from concept to completion.
• Attend site surveys to understand client requirements and contribute to estimation and project management processes as required.
• Effectively manage and solve any identified risks to the design process and manufactured products.
• Produce and provide regular Design team updates to project stakeholders, identifying any issues and how these are to be managed or mitigated.
• Manage any assigned staff in accordance with Trimline policies and applicable regulations.
• Planning and designating workload, appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing employee relations issues in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Act as a Design subject matter expert within the Design Team. Managing, mentoring and training team members in line with Trimline guidelines and values.
• Administration of PDM Pro drawing vault software, including user permissions and workflow.
• Chair regular drawing review meetings with Projects and Manufacturing stakeholders.
• Attend client meetings when required, acting as the Trimline Design representative, manage the client effectively to obtain final drawing approvals in a time efficient and professional manner.
• Confirm all designed installations subject to shipbuilding classification audits meet all relevant regulations, resolving any identified non-conformances during the design phase.
• Contribute to the effective management of Health and Safety by promoting and maintaining legislative requirements throughout the nominated site.
• Complete any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by your line manager or designee.
Your Experience / Skills
3 years’ experience managing a Design Team