We are looking for a new highly motivated Project Manager to join our growing team as we build a highly automated, smart insect factory to sustainably feed the world.
Contract: Full-time employment or self-employed contractor considered
Location: London Bridge with opportunity to work part-time from home
Holiday Allowance: 36 days per annum inc. bank holidays
Anticipated start date: Oct 2020
We are the UK’s leading insect biotech company. Our mission is to sustainably feed the world with the power of insects. Here Silicon Valley technology meets food waste-recycling. We are developing the world's most efficient and sustainable system to produce protein by turning local food waste into protein-rich insects to feed animals.
We’re looking for a first class project manager to ensure we deliver three major projects on time and on budget. Working alongside our experienced entomology, engineering and business development teams you will be responsible for coordinating a series of technically ambitious projects and managing communication across an array of key stakeholders. This is a senior role, but we will consider ambitious intermediate level project managers ready to tackle life in a fast-growing business head on. We want someone capable of defining and implementing strategy, but who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty with the day to day running of the project.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Project manage three major projects:
1. Delivery of the the UK’s first industrial scale BSF plant
2. A pioneering and govt. backed wider collaboration to prove the UK insect industry is profitable, sustainable and scalable
3. A series of experimental and cutting edge R&D workstreams
- Managing and controlling budgets across numerous multi-million pound projects
- Chairing project meetings both internally and externally
- Tracking and reporting key progress and performance metrics
- Managing and mitigating project risk across multiple risk & issue registers
- Stakeholder management: internal team, contractors, partners and investors kept informed and motivated
- Creating and developing best practice project management tools and processes
- Strategic thinking and influence of business direction
- Comfortable on site ?visits and first hand appraisal of work progress and quality
What we stand for
Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who are experts in their field. They care about our mission and directly contribute to shaping our organisation.
We want to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, reflecting the diverse society we work in. We will support you throughout the recruitment process with any reasonable adjustments required in accordance with the Equality Act. Please contact the Recruitment Team if you require support.
We are proud of the working environment and culture we have built which can be summarised as follows:
We care: about the planet, our people and our customers
We are brave: bold and courageous, always
We are hungry, foolish and humble
We commit to excellence and expect that from each other
We have the freedom to make decisions: acting in the company’s best interest
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line of your email (e.g. Intermediate Mechanical Engineer - Jane Doe). Applicants should include a covering letter, which includes examples of your relevant skills and experience, your CV, and the names and e-mail addresses of two referees. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Applications must be received by 24 Aug 2020.