Hexatronic are a market leader in ‘end to end’ solutions for optical fibre networks and are currently looking to strengthen their UK Technical Engineering team by appointing an additional CAD Design Engineer. With plenty of in-house product experts to lean on, we are looking for somebody who can take our product visions and turn them into reality, bringing innovation to the fore and keeping us at the cutting edge of product development in our industry.
Familiar with working in a fast paced and customer driven engineering team, you will take ownership of all design related aspects of New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Management in order to deliver our projects on time and within budget.
Reporting directly to the head of department and liaising with our product experts, your day to day responsibilities will include:
• Designing 3D models of product concepts from technical descriptions and drawings
• Performing feasibility studies of new concepts & designs
• Specifying materials & processes for product creation
• Translating 3D models into manufacturing drawings to enable production
• Effecting design revisions and updates as required by our ECM system
• Creation & maintenance of ‘Bill of Materials’ for finished products
• Engagement with materials suppliers, partners, internal customers & external customers to support the project life cycle