Role: Mechanical CAD Engineer
Date Posted: Thursday 27 August 2020
We are looking for a Mechanical CAD Engineer to join our team. You will be designing products, supporting their manufacture, and helping to ensure customer needs are met. The design work will include 3D design of custom vessels/columns, pipe work design, small structures, integration of heat exchangers and LP steam delivery systems, and mechanical component sizing and selection such as pumps, fans, heat exchangers, cooling towers and other
Your Experience / Skills
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Covering all aspects of mechanical scope (columns, equipment, instrumentation and packages), including preparation of design specifications, datasheets, managing development of RFQ packages and written specifications, review of quotations, review of vendor drawings, preparation of design schemes, layouts for mechanical, structural and piping systems on skid-mounted integrated systems, site surveys and estimates.
• Authoring and ownership of general arrangement (GA), manufacturing/fabrication drawings and BOMs to standards.
• Ensure that all mechanical engineering works are undertaken in accordance with the conditions and requirements of the Contract.
• Assists the Technical and Process Leads in the development of PFD’s, operational SOP’s.
• Identifies approved vendors to provide design/build solutions to specific plant unit operations as required.
• Prior experience with the design and execution of water treatment projects, industrial equipment and/or thermal related equipment.
• Fluid piping design, related components and materials of construction.
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to execute projects from sales hand-off to field service transfer.
• Experience of SOLIDWORKS.
• Ability to effectively work individually and in a team with minimal supervision.
• Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated who will thrive in a start-up, fast-paced environment.
• Expertise in Microsoft suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Performs well under pressure.
• Highly organized and pays attention to details.
• Able to work autonomously as well as in a team and with different cultures.
• Always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.
Min. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
£35k - £45k
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: