Date Posted: Thursday 4 December 2014
Northey Technologies is a company with a long pedigree in supplying quality products and systems to the process industries. With a manufacturing base in Poole, Dorset, this SME provides oil free vacuum pumps, compressors and process packages to the water industry, chemical, oil and gas markets.
With a recent surge in business the Company has identified the need to invest in CNC machining and to boost the team with more engineers.
The position is varied and requires drive and initiative to carry out many different tasks, but the principle duties include:
• Machine programming
• Tool setting
• Design of fixtures
• Design engineering with product development
• Preparation of drawings , Bills of Material and Works Orders
• Participation in design reviews and site meetings
• Involvement in the procurement chain
• Progressing and liaison with suppliers and sub –contractors
• Involvement and assistance with site installation and commissioning
• General Office duties such as filing, data entry.
• Assistance from time to with any other duties within the organisation when necessary
Your Experience / Skills
Working within the Project Engineering Team the ideal candidate will be organised, have good computer skills, a sound knowledge of engineering and experience in 2D and 3D CAD, ideally AutoCAD and Solid works.
Knowledge or experience with programming and setting of CNC machines is essential and specific knowledge of Siemens Hytrol – 840C controllers and CAM would also be advantageous.