Role: Mechanical Designer
Date Posted: Tuesday 8 December 2015
Bowman Power Group is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines, which are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas, for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. We are working with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
Bowman Power Group has been recognised as one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK.
We are now seeking to recruit a Mechanical Designer to join the Engineering team in Southampton office.
This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week (Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm and Friday, 8:30am – 1:30pm).
Your Experience / Skills
Conceptual design solutions from rough sketches and verbal instructions to fully toleranced and detailed manufacturing drawings using complex 3D SOLIDWORKS models.
• Mechanical design of packaged solutions and sub systems, including material selection, bolted joints and structural/thermal calculations.
• General Drawing Office duties
• Raising and maintaining BOMs using MRP system (Epicor)
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree 2:2 in Mechanical, Automotive or Power Engineering
• Expert in using SOLIDWORKS
• Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical design engineering role
• Ability to communicate analytical results to all levels of the engineering organisation
• Creative and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to decide on the appropriate level of reliance and accuracy to attached to a variety of results obtained
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: