Role: Senior Design Engineer
Date Posted: Friday 16 December 2016
We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of marine blinds, shades and soft furnishings, looking for a Senior Design Engineer with the following experience:
Your Experience / Skills
- Computer literate with proven and competent use of 3D CAD (SOLIDWORKS essential), 2D (AutoCAD), for the creation of designs, drawings and assemblies, and set up of CAD system as required by the duties listed above.
- Sound engineering understanding and experience in the design of injection moulded components, aluminium extruded sections, small turned components and sheet formed parts.
- Competent in the design of mechanisms, assemblies and geometric tolerancing
- Experience in PDM / DDM systems and workflow processes an advantage
- Ability to research and implement new technologies, products and processes
- Familiarity with standard manufacturing details required for the various production processes and knowledge of suitable materials.
- Good team player, with good communication skills - able to discuss and understand product design requirements and details at all levels.
- Flexible, proactive, positive and self-motivated.
HNC/HND engineering qualification or minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering design/development role.
If you are interested in applying for this job or would like to find out more, please send CV along with introductory email identifying this position to the contact details below: