Due to our continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a SOLIDWORKS Design Technician to join our team of experts at our Head office in Tuam, Co Galway.
The SOLIDWORKS Design Technician is specifically responsible in the following areas:
• Create new and/or revises existing designs, drawings, and bills of material (BOM) for our products.
• Responds to, resolves, and supports the production team from the concept to the production and the installation at customer site.
• Designs & Creates all necessary changes to released designs, updates drawings/models/BOMs as needed, and routes change requests through the approval process.
• Design all products and customized solutions using SOLIDWORKS.
• Verifies that the design conforms to safety practices (CE) and customer specifications.
• Writes technical documents, test procedures, installation procedures, and process documents.
• Together with the Production Engineer supervises the construction and testing of product prototypes and/or packaging line assembly.
• Documents designs so they can be adequately manufactured within the time and budget targets.
• Continuously improves product quality and process effectiveness.
• Participate in Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for customer quotes.
• As appropriate, participate in technical design reviews and failure investigations.
• Collaborate with Production Engineer on design process development initiatives, department workflows and structure, etc.
• Execute designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost, and schedule.
• Support and train the Sales team on SOLIDWORKS roll out to each depot.
• Support off hours and weekend routine and trouble resolution events.
• This position will also provide the opportunity to learn and use DriveWorks, a SOLIDWORKS partner product, for design automation. Working closely with our local SOLIDWORKS reseller.
Min 2 years’ experience working in a similar Design position.
3+ years’ experience with 3D SOLIDWORKS software tools.
Knowledge of design documentation standards.
Related experience in the application of welding technologies and practical applications of welding techniques.