Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Location: Thornton Cleveleys
Hours: 40hours per week, 8:30am-5pm.
Allan Hargreaves Plant Engineers ltd is fast becoming a leader in the Rail and Construction Industry. As an expanding Company with over 40% growth in the previous 5 years, we are continually seeking skilled and enthusiastic individuals to join our rapidly growing team. Staff are encouraged to not only develop their own skill set, but also to play a vital role in the continued expansion of the Company, by sharing knowledge and ideas.
At Allan Hargreaves Plant Engineers ltd, every member of the team has an integral part to play in the Company’s ever-growing success. Employees are valued for their excellent work ethic, continuously contributing to our excellent services by using initiative and creativity.
Main Purpose of Job: You will be responsible for creating designs for new products and modifications to construction and rail plant machinery and associated equipment. As a Design Engineer it shall be your responsibility to deliver accurate and innovative solutions to design problems, ensuring deadlines and financial frameworks are met. You will work within the design team and liaise across all Company departments, assisting engineers where necessary, reporting to the Management team and Directors where necessary.
• Creating new designs and drawings using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software.
• Create innovative solutions to complex design problems.
• Ensuring contractual agreements, costs and deadlines are adhered to.
• Carry out analysis of designs using hand calculations or FEA software where appropriate and produce technical reports to ensure products meet with legislation.
• Supporting engineers and other team members on issues of a technical nature.
• A Degree in Engineering (minimum HND)
• Experience with 3D CAD software
• Be able to produce engineering drawings
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Be able to produce technical reports using Word and Excel
Allan Hargreaves plant engineers work to extremely high standards we deliver only the best to our customers. We therefore seek individuals to join our team, who can work to these expectations as well as setting high personal standards for their own work.
The successful candidate must have good communication skills and work well on their own or as part of a team to meet deadlines. They will be highly motivated, reliable and confident of their knowledge and skillset.